Saturday, March 15, 2008

musical immunity

Everyone gets sick of songs. You hear them too many times, and it just loses its power somehow. Like a long relationship with the wrong person, it gets old and you just don't have the same interest. When they come around, there's no spark, no excitement. Sure, if you break up with them and don't see them for 6 months, it might change, but overall, the magic has worn off.

Somehow, there's been one song that's escaped this fate. Maybe it's true love, who knows. I don't want to be able to explain it. Every time I hear this song, it's just like the first time I ever heard it. It captivates me. It's been in 50850958 commercials and I STILL love it.

For your listening pleasure, I submit, Modern English's "I melt with you," quite possibly one of the best songs ever made, and the only song I've never been sick of.


No comments: